How DFYF is fostering resilience:
- DFYF offers a continuum of services that spans psychiatric and psychological services, mental and behavioral health treatment, and after-school and prevention programming.
- DFYF clinicians, trained in trauma and resiliency-oriented practices including the Attachment, Self-regulation, and Competency (ARC) trauma treatment framework, provide outreach counseling in homes, schools, and other community settings.
- Many of our programs address some of the most difficult situations a child might experience – domestic violence, sexual abuse, physical abuse or neglect, grief and loss. DFYF counselors provide resilience kits – individualized to the client’s needs – to help youth develop safe and effective strategies to manage, regulate and work through emotional responses.
- DFYF operates two youth centers providing an environment that is safe, positive, and educational; both located in high-risk neighborhoods and offering creative outlets and developmentally appropriate experiences that serve as healthy alternatives to delinquent activities prevalent in those neighborhoods
- Children Who Witness Violence: Provides hope to survivors who have been a witness to domestic violence
- Youth Pride: Provides a sense of belonging and support to LGBTQ youth
- Promises: Provides a new found sense of safety to survivors of sexual abuse
- Crittenton & Ohio Ave Youth Centers: Provides youth an opportunity for self-discovery and mastery
- DFYF provides new opportunities in disadvantaged neighborhoods, helps clients learn to heal and build resilience, and contributes to a healthy community – one individual, one family at a time.
DFYF Impact in 2017
- 5,569 youth and their families were provided a variety of behavioral health services promoting healthy choices, resiliency, and well-being.
- 4,049 clients received clinical counseling services personalized to their needs and those of the family.
- 1,158 youth and families received educational services that helped strengthen families.
- 97% of 362 youth who attended our after-school/summer programs improved their overall feeling of self-esteem by participating in Healthy Leaders, Life Skills, homework help, service learning projects and other programming.
- 97% of youth in the PROMISES program demonstrated improvement in their personal goals, decreasing the negative effects of sexual abuse.
- 93% of youth and parents in the Ready Set Grow kindergarten readiness program improved their home environment and learned the skills necessary for beginning school.
- 92% of the 1,580 youth completing services in the Outreach Counseling Program successfully completed their treatment goals.
- 93% of 734 youth who completed the School Connections program, our partnership with South-Western City Schools, improved their school behavior and performance.
- 1,616 youth received mental health assessments through our partnerships with Columbus City Schools, South-Western City Schools and Delaware City Schools.
Our clients say it best: